Monday, February 10, 2014

World Read Aloud Day Blog Challenge Week 1

What is your earliest or fondest memory in which someone read aloud to you?

Hmmm...I know it involved my mom reading aloud to me.  She was instrumental in developing my love for reading at a very young age.  And our mutual love continues to this day where we are still talking about books on the phone or giving each other books as gifts.  I would have to go look up the title again, but I have the first book that I read on my own.  It is sitting in my 'hope chest' in my house.  I am sure that before I read that book, my mom read it to me many, many times.  I remember another favorite that was read to me many times...Are You My Mother?  I still have the images of the illustrations in my head from listening to that story being read to me.  And another one that pops into my head is a Little Golden Book...The Little Engine That Could.

My mom did such a good job opening up the world of books to me during read alouds.  I love that as a principal I can continue to do the same thing for our students when I go into classrooms and read aloud to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment