Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Fangirl 28/31 #sol17


I realized today that over the next week, I will get to be a literacy groupie.  Tomorrow I will be traveling to a one day workshop where I will be in the same room with Ralph Fletcher.   I will be in the same room with Nikki Grimes.  I will be in the same room with Lois Lowry.  Some of our 4th grade classrooms just finished reading and discussing Number the Stars.  I said to a girl I was talking with the other day, did you know that I am going to have chance to meet and talk with that author?!  She said, "Wow, that is awesome."  Yes, it is awesome.  It's like tomorrow is Christmas, and I might not be able to sleep tonight.  (Who am I kidding?  I am exhausted.  I will be able to sleep.  But am ridiculously excited!)

But wait, it gets better.  I just found out that next week when I am at the state reading conference, I am one of several lucky winners that will get a private session with Donalyn Miller, the Donalyn Miller!  Are you kidding me?!  I hope I can be as lit-cool as she is.

It seems fitting that I am winding down with the slice challenge (can't believe I am only a few days away from 31 days straight of slicing!) while finishing up the National Literacy Month with me being fangirl with some of my writing and reading heroes.  I hope I don't get  speaker's block!

I am a collector of quotes so I can't help but include one of Ralph Fletcher's in this post:


I am no special creature.  I am just an ordinary person who likes to write.  

So glad I have been able to scratch my itch (ok doesn't sound as good when I write it) this month!

1 comment:

  1. I am jealous...although I shouldn't be. I saw Ralph Fletcher last summer, and I recently got to see Donalyn Miller twice! Would love to see Lois Lowry and Nikki Grimes, too. Enjoy! and learn a lot!

    ReplyDelete