Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Sleeping Beauty 21/31 #sol17

Here are three slivers from my day, wouldn't even call them full slices...

Sliver #1: I tiptoed into my daughter's room this morning to stare down into her crib at her.  Do I wake her so I can actually talk to her today, actually see her and give her the chance to see me?  I hovered, quite literally, peering at her sleeping position and her heart jammies that are probably finally too small yet she insists on wearing them.  I whispered "I love you baby girl" and then tiptoed back out of her room.

Sliver #2: As I sat next to a parent at a committee meeting tonight and she saw me texting a check-in with the babysitter, I shared that today was a long day, especially since I would be going a whole day without really seeing my daughter.  I shared my story of my morning moment with her, watching her sleep and the parent told me how she had heard from a friend once that no matter how old your children get, they still look like they did when they were sleeping as babies.  And she shared something that her now 7-year-old does in her sleep and has always done since she was a baby.

Sliver #3: I tiptoed into my daughter's room this evening to stare down into her crib at her.  I don't dare wake her up so I can actually talk to her today, so I can actually see her and give her the chance to see me.  I hovered, quite literally, peering at her sleeping position (exact same as the position she was in fifteen or so hours earlier) and her Star War jammies that are also probably too small yet she insists on wearing them.  I whispered "I love you baby girl" and then tiptoed back out of her room.

Some days being a mom is hard.
Some days working full-time is hard.
Being a full-time working mom is always hard.

5 comments:

  1. How old is your baby girl? I had days like that when my kids were younger. Not a good feeling at all! When you do get time...just sit and cuddle!!~!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, she is two going on I'm-going-to-take-over-the-world age!
      Yep, planning on spending some extra time with her tomorrow morning.

      Delete
  2. Wow, this is such a beautiful post on so many levels. I love the idea of a sliver of your day (even smaller than a slice), and how your two slivers book-end the day. I hope that tomorrow gives you more time to see your daughter in the midst of all of that busy work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe she hears your loving words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, making the choices that are best for them, rather than what you really want, can be so hard. Glad you got to peer at her, twice.

    ReplyDelete