Saturday, March 4, 2017

We're breaking up 4/31 #sol17

I liked the inspiration that was posted today...the person had posted a love letter to her husband, celebrating when he made the bed.  (Have to say, I am not a bed maker either.)  This past week we learned that my car, which was paid off last year, now needs a part that costs $2300.  Nope, I did not forget to put a decimal in that number.  When I was telling my sister this story she asked if the "part" needed was actually the engine?!  I mean how does a tiny little part have such a giant price tag??  Needless to say, my husband and I have come to the realization that we will be car shopping instead of car repairing.

So here is my breakup letter with my Nissan Rogue...

We're Breaking Up

When I first laid eyes on you
All sleek and new,
Years ago our connection was immediate and nice
On Valentine's Day to be precise,
You came home with me
And it seemed we were truly meant to be.

Months and years went by
And good times made the time fly.
Through rain and sun and snow
Everywhere together we did go.
You were mine
And I was thine.

But alas I fear
The end of us is near.
Why, you ask?
My answer has so many parts
But ours is not a tale of broken hearts.
I am full of doubt
And it seems the fire has gone out.
I was expecting more from you
Guess that's why I am so blue.

Time for a fresh start
Again, not because of a broken heart.
No, this relationship,
If that's what you want to call it,
Is over because of my empty wallet.

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to celebrate such a disappointing event! You turned your car's failure into a wonderfully entertaining piece of writing! My car did this to me a year ago. I wish I had written her a letter, it might have been the closure I needed to get over the betrayal. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a humorous slice. I smiled as I read it. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was fun to read! Nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZA!

    Such a great rhyming poem to explain why you're breaking up with your car. OK, I was looking at a Nissan as a friend loves her. But parts. . . aye, yi, yi - I agree. It was time to break up!

    ReplyDelete